Ok so…we all want week night dinners that takes 10 minutes but still give a nice filling tasty punch. This recipe is perfect for that and can easily be enjoyed with a nice glass of wine.
Big smoked fish flavour, heat of chilli, sweet onion and garlic.
I hot smoke salmon in my pizza oven sometimes but shop bought hot smoked salmon is perfect and no hassle.
You can use any kind of smoked fish for this, I sometimes have trout or mackerel instead of salmon.
Traditionally you’re not meant to have Parmesan with fish but….I quite like it with this.
2 Fillets of Hot Smoked Salmon.
1 Clove of Garlic.
1 Red or Green Chilli.
Sprinkle of Paprika.
A Sprig of Parsley.
A Drop of White wine.
A drop of Balsamic Vinegar.
Small knob of butter.
Salt and Pepper.
Fresh Tagliatelle (or dried tagliatelle but add the extra cooking time on for cooking dried pasta).
1. Dice the onion, chilli, garlic, parsley.
2. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan.
3. Boil water for pasta in a kettle then pour into a saucepan and heat on a hob.
4. Add the onion to the oil with salt, pepper and paprika and cook till the onion softens.
5. Add the chilli and garlic.
6. When fragrant add the wine and vinegar.
7. Add the pasta to the boiling water.
8. Reduce the liquor in the frying pan.
9. Add the butter to melt.
10. Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan with a drop of the pasta water and toss the pasta with the onion, chilli etc.
11. Turn the heat off and flake in the salmon.
12. Serve with a grated Parmesan.